Just a quick note to remind you of a garden nasty…oh yes indeed…as wicked as witch on Wednesday. The Rhododendron’s leaves and nectar can kill you stone dead. Eating this plant will cause violent vomiting and diarrhea. Later stages of the poisoning will dim your vision and can lead to coma and and a trip to dead town after your heart convulses and stops.
So the message here is not to dip the flowers in batter and deep fry them….or toss them in with a garden salad. You could really upset your dinner guests.
I will be doing a series about poisonous plants in the coming week just to add a little spice to our otherwise flouncy and glorious flower kingdom.
Poisonous Garden Plants. Deadly Nightshade | Higgledy Garden
December 13, 2010 @ 7:15 pm
[…] want a nanny state and we certainly don’t think you need to lose any sleep over the dangerous plants that may or may not lurk in your garden ready to temp your kids or worse your cat…but it IS […]
December 12, 2010 @ 8:37 am
I was supposed to do it on Wednesday but got offered some much needed work so missed it…will book another one soon. x
December 12, 2010 @ 12:03 am
Just looking at them makes me feel sick (except the wild ones maybe)- not something that will ever feature in a JW Blooms bouquet. Have you done your Business Link course btw? How was it? x